Our Standard Property Management includes

  • Advice on Landlord requirements e.g. Landlord Registration; Non Resident Landlord; current legislation; relevant certificates/safety checks required: e.g. Landlords’ Gas Safety Certificate; Energy Performance Certificate; Portable Appliance Testing
  • Initial property assessment: including advice on possible rental value.
  • Effective Marketing including website advertising; window display, signage and press.
  • Viewings.
  • Process Tenant Applications including the checking of references.
  • Preparation of tenancy agreement in line with current Scottish Legislation
  • Management of utilities including entry and exit meter readings
  • Notification will be sent to appropriate Council Tax Office
  • Co-ordination of scheduled maintenance, effect repairs and supervise contractors. Arrange annual required safety inspections to ensure they are upto date.
Quick Enquiry


Contact: email / tel


  • Preparation of inventory (where Required)
  • Regular inspections and liaise with tenants to ensure property is being maintained to the required standard.
  • Rent paid via bank transfer and Electronic statements ( paper statements where required)

Vacant Property.

When the property is vacant, we will:

Deal with all correspondence relating to the property on behalf of the Landlord and forward all additional mail for the Landlord’s attention to a specified address

  • Arrange settlement of repairs bills and utility bills and forward our invoice to the Landlord for reimbursement with no mark up or handling charges.
  • Confirm accurate meter readings etc and forward these onto the utility supplier Carry out any maintenance required within limits agreed.
  • Maintain Garden if required.

Marketing of your Property.

Westburn Services will advertise your property in a number of locations not restricted to

  • Our own website.
  • Local Newspapers
  • Within the window of our property office.
  • National and other websites


As part of the comprehensive service and included within your management charge, Westburn Services will prepare the relevant documentation required prior to the commencement of any tenancy: Form AT5, Short Assured Tenancy Agreement and Repairing Standard letter.

We will generally place tenants on a 6 Month Short assured tenancy – this allows Westburn Services the chance to get to know the tenant (and them to know us). After the initial period tenants can sign a new 6 or 12 month lease or move to a rolling month to month lease with 2 months notice on either side. We currently have tenants entering their 9th year with us on an initial 6 month lease.

Should the tenancy be terminated by Westburn Services, we will prepare and serve the appropriate paperwork to the tenant: Form AT6, Notice to quit letter and Section 33 Notice to Recover Possession of Property.


Tenant’s deposits are required to be lodged in a Government approved scheme and not be held by the landlord or agents. All deposits received by Westburn Services will be deposited in an approved scheme – Currently Safe Deposits Scotland – for the duration of the lease.


Westburn Services will proactively manage the tenants to minimize potential rent arrears. In the event of arrears arising active steps will be taken to bring the account back into line with the lease terms. Defaulters will be pursued by all legal and appropriate means for any outstanding debts and costs incurred.

End of Tenancy

When a tenancy is coming to an end (as instructed by either party) Westburn Services will serve the “Notice to Quit”, inform the tenants of their obligations to bring the tenancy to a satisfactory conclusion and carry out a final inspection of the property.

Mortgage and Insurance

Landlords must ensure that they have the relevant permissions from their mortgage provider where appropriate and arrange the relevant landlord’s buildings insurance cover (and contents cover should you rent the property out as furnished). Westburn services can arrange Insurance quotes if required.


It is illegal to have any furniture in a property which fails to comply with the 1998 Fire and Furniture regulations.

Properties with a gas supply need to be checked annually by a gas safe plumber, and a gas safety certificate obtained. This certificate must cover all gas appliances in the property such as the boiler, oven, heaters etc.

It is the landlord’s responsibility to ensure that any electrical appliances supplied with the property are safe.

National Landlords Registration Scheme

The Antisocial Behavior (Scotland) Act 2004.

Part of that Act deals with compulsory registration of all landlords and letting agents, regardless of the number of properties involved. It is a requirement that all landlords register with each Local Authority in which they own property and the Local Authority must also be satisfied that the landlord is a fit and proper person.

It is an offence to let any residential property without being suitably registered.

This registration process requires you, the landlord, to provide personal information; we therefore cannot register your interest independently. You must apply for registration immediately.

The necessary information can be found at

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *