Why choose to rent from Westburn Services?
- Westburn Services are accredited under the Dundee Landlord Accreditation Scheme and a members of the Scottish Association of Landlords
- Tenancy agreement is prepared in line with current Scottish Legislation
- Properties are presented, at the commencement of the tenancy, in a neat and tidy condition
- Deposits are held with a registered Deposit protections Scheme.
- Wherever possible we will arrange for repairs to be completed within 24-48 hours of being notified.
- When a tenancy commences, Westburn Services will act in both the tenant and landlords best interests to ensure the tenancy is managed professionally
- All required safety checks and certifications will be carried out on time.
Once you see a property you like – what happens next?
- Simply call our office on 01382 241640 or send us an email. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Arrange a viewing with one of our team.
- Complete the tenancy application form and submit the required references.
- You will require character and financial references
- We also require your National insurance number and a copy of your passport/ photo ID.
If you are successful in securing one of our properties.
- Once we notify you of a successful application you are required to pay your deposit of one month’s rent. Note: at this stage we will accept a part payment of £200 towards your deposit.
- Then on completion of the lease paperwork and before your entry date you will be required to pay the first month’s rent and any remaining balance of deposit.
Simple, we expect you to treat the property as if it were your own ‘owned’ home – to take care of the furnishings, fixtures and fittings, decorations and (where advised) the gardens; undertake routine day to day cleaning and maintenance. You are also responsible for making your own arrangements for taking over the supply of services including, gas, electricity, council tax, and phone/broadband/TV. It is also the Tenants responsibility to purchase the television license. A Tenant’s responsibilities are clearly outlined in the terms and conditions of the lease.
Is there anything else I have to pay before I move in?
In a word No! All you have to pay before moving in is your Deposit and first month’s rent.
Westburn Services will proactively manage your tenancy to minimize potential rent arrears. In the event of arrears arising active steps will be taken to bring your account back up to date. Defaulters will be pursued by all legal and appropriate means for any outstanding debts and costs incurred.